Personal Data Protection Policy / PDPA
1.0 Your Personal Data
1.1 “Personal Data” as defined in the PDPA refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide us include, but is not limited to (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- Your name, NRIC number, passport number or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email addresses and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us (i.e. website orders, job application forms, etc.), or in our other forms of interaction with you;
- Information about your use of our websites and services, including cookies, IP addresses, email subscription and membership details (where applicable);
- Your Curriculum Vitae, employment history, testimonials and referrals, previous drawn income, education background, medical history and disabilities and legal and bankruptcy history (if applicable); and
- Your payment related information, such as your bank account details (where applicable).
2.0 Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, Bamboo Straw Girl collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit an online order
- When you create your customer profile
- When you submit a request for us to contact you;
- When you subscribe or ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions and other marketing and publicity initiatives;
- When you respond to our market surveys;
- When you submit a job application or a scholarship application;When we receive references from business partners and third parties;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason; and
- When you browse our website.
2.2 If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents, friend, colleague - in the situation where you are purchasing on their behalf) to us, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the consent of that third party for the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data for the purposes set out above.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
3.0 How do we use Personal Data and to whom may we disclose it?
3.1 Bamboo Straw Girl is collecting Personal Data for the sole purpose of marketing emails (if customer signs up for it) and shipping by SingPost or courier services.
3.2 Your Personal Data will be protected and kept confidential, but subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may, depending on the products or services concerned, be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Any third party delivery business partners who offer shipping
- In the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving Bamboo Straw Girl
- Bamboo Straw Girl’s professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority;
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and obligations;Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers; and
- Any other party as may be consented to by you, as specified by that individual or in the applicable contract.
Bamboo Straw Girl requires that third party organisations which handle or obtain Personal Data, such as service providers to Bamboo Straw Girl, acknowledge the confidentiality and sensitivity of this personal data, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the PDPA. Bamboo Straw Girl also requires that these organisations use this information only for limited purposes which have been agreed upon and follow Bamboo Straw Girl’s reasonable directions with respect to this information.
4.0 Keeping Your Personal Data Accurate and Up-To-Date
4.1 Bamboo Straw Girl endeavours to ensure that Personal Data stored by us is accurate and up-to-date. Bamboo Straw Girl also understands that Personal Data may change frequently, such as changes of address and other personal circumstances. As such, Bamboo Straw Girl encourages you to contact the DPO at email@example.com to update your Personal Data. Incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
6.0 Third-Party Sites
7.0 Storing of Personal Data
7.1 We will safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone or mail, over the Internet or through forms of other electronic media. Where we no longer require any Personal Data that we hold, that Personal Data would be destroyed or have particulars or information which may identify individuals removed.Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and encrypted with appropriate security technologies.Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, Bamboo Straw Girl cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
8.0 Access Requests and Withdrawal of Consent
8.1 Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to have access to or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data.Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and / or disclosure is requested. If you withdraw your consent to any or all purposes and depending on the nature of your request, Bamboo Straw Girl may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you.
9.0 Management and Security
10.0 How to contact us
10.1 If you have any questions about this Policy or any complaints relating to your Personal Data, or you would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records (for which we may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving and copying any material requested), please contact the designated Data Protection Officers for the respective business units as follows:
Bamboo Straw Girl Pte Ltd
11.0 Review of the Policy