Contribute your packaging materials!
We have been taking in your bubble wraps and clean boxes since 2014, and more recently been posting on Facebook buy-nothing groups to pick these up! Usually you'll hear about it on Instagram if we need a top-up!
To make it easier to coordinate this, we have a system where you can request a shipping label to have your bubble wrap picked up :)
Here are the easy steps:
1. Check that what you have fits the description below.
2. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page to request a shipping label.
2. If your contribution suggestions are suitable, we will send you a shipping label to print
3. Print out the label and stick it to the box or package containing the materials you want to contribute.
Please take note
In order to maximise the effort and resources required to pick up these packaging materials, we ask that the minimum quantity can at least fill a box measuring 30 cm x 40 cm x 40 cm OR that the total amount of the bubble wrap adds up to at least 30 x A4 size pieces.
We pay for the shipping labels and courier services do have a carbon footprint. Please help to collate contributions so that it is more efficient :)
- SMALL cardboard boxes (flattened) - Size within 30 x 30 x 30 cm
- Clean, un-popped bubble wrap (If it is too soft or partially deflated, we cannot use it.)
- Bubble wrap can be folded and sealed in a large envelope or rolled up
- You can seal everything in a clean cardboard box (we will also reuse the box)
Please do not send us:
Please read this list carefully. If in doubt, send @bamboostrawgirl a picture on Instagram DMs or assume that we don't want it. If you cannot imagine using it, don't send it to us. Don't wish-cycle* your packaging with us. It causes us to waste labour hours sorting!
- Small pieces or scraps of bubble wrap (smaller than A4)
- Popped or deflated bubble wrap
- Stained or oily bubble wrap
- Bubble wrap that used to hold food items
- Any wrap that is taped tightly together (If you couldn't flatten it or remove the tape, we won't be able to either)
- Materials with addresses on them
- Air pockets (The type that have air pockets much bigger than standard bubble wraps)
- Foam sheets for wrapping
- Gifts - PLEASE do not send us little gifts or trinkets when you contribute materials. Much as we appreciate the thought, we mostly don't need these and you are simply passing on the task of "re-homing" your keychain / trinket to us.
*Wish-cycling is the practice of contributing questionable items for recycling or for re-use, hoping they will be suitable. Don't wish-cycle! Ask if in doubt.