Do you know the difference between handmade soaps and commercial soaps?
Have you ever wondered how soap is made?
Join us at this fun taster workshop to see your soap bar take shape from scratch!
Meant for... those with an interest in finding out more about cold process soapmaking.
Age limit: Minimum 16 years old. Some level of maturity is required as we will be handling controlled ingredients that can harm if not careful.
Workshop structure (1.5 - 2 hrs)
- (1) Sustainability talk and introduction to zero/low-waste lifestyle (personal care)
- (2) Introduction to instructors (Zero-waste advocate Mel from Bamboo Straw Girl & Soapmaker Evelyn from Soapplay SG)
- (3) Why DIY? What is the difference between handmade soaps and commercial soaps?
- (4) Safety briefing for DIY segment
- (5) Make soaps together!
- (6) Host-led reflection / Q&A
- (7) Opportunity to browse small retail section
Note: You will be split into groups of 4 and each group will make 500g of soap as a team
- (1) weigh the ingredients
- (2) weigh and prepare lye solution; ensure ingredients are at correct temperature
- (3) blend soap batter
- (4) pour into mold and texturing of soap
On location at 3 Soon Lee St, #05-22 Pioneer Junction, Singapore 627606
12 pax maximum due to spacing and safe distancing rules.
You must be fully vaccinated to take part in this workshop.
Minimum 5 pax to run this workshop. If we do not reach this minimum, this workshop may be cancelled.
We will send you a confirmation email with details once you sign up!
The class will not be recorded. We are unable to make refunds if you're unable to attend the workshop.
Looking for more? We can host corporate workshops!
Are you looking for a fun activity for a special occasion, corporate workshop or team bonding session? We can host this customised workshop for your organisation or club, to make your very own handmade soap from scratch! Contact us!